A sweet sojourn from the busyness of life.

This blog is a journal of forays into my loves of creative writing,
humor, and photography. It is a departure from daily stresses.
Some of life's greatest journeys are detours.

The real act of discovery is not in travelling to distant lands
but rather in seeing with new eyes. - Marcel Proust

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fighting Agism One Dream at a Time


www.growingbolder.com

Agism is beginning to be a cold reality for many of us boomers these days. Many of us are finding ourselves benched just when we have finally figured out the game!
Go ask your nearest actuary..we are living longer and we're here to stay!
We're a lean, (mostly) mean, awesome machine!(just ask us)
Anyway I am on board with this philosophy of Growing Bolder in our mature years.
Let's fight back..old age and treachery beats youth and skill every time! There are more of us than there are of them. we are a sociological anomoly, a large group of mature people! Lets jump right on this!
Will we go softly into that dark night!
Hell no!
We won't go!
We want our voices heard.
I invite you to sign on to this Growing Bolder idea.
Remember whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger!
Ignite those passions!
Dust off those dreams!
Make a friend of fear! (and an even better friend of Advil)
Go for it!
You're burning daylight!
If you are looking for me I am working on my new reality show
Cinjolina the Suburban Video Stalker...uh...master.
(for the record this series in NOT about me or any of my alter-egos)

Carpe Diem
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Cindy
    Totally interesting and enthralling, sitting here with a coffee agreeing with everything this man is sharing. We totally agree with this philosophy - Ian and I are 62 years young!! So much to do!

    ReplyDelete