A sweet sojourn from the busyness of life.

This blog is a journal of forays into my loves of creative writing,
humor, and photography. It is a departure from daily stresses.
Some of life's greatest journeys are detours.

The real act of discovery is not in travelling to distant lands
but rather in seeing with new eyes. - Marcel Proust

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quotes-The Great "Ahas"

“If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” William Blake

I really like this quote, William Blake was an inspiration to the Doors and in fact this quote was the inspiration for their name. This is very interesting to me to think of infinity; the vastness of it all. I have to admit…truth be told ,I am in a bit of a “the world is flat ” phase so infinity is kind of cool. So I am presently working on cleansing my doors of perception, this is way more fun that cleansing the windows of my house!

I really love quotes, they are the great “ahas” in someone else’s life; when the proverbial light bulb goes on. We all know these moments of clear focus tend to be fleeting and sometimes rare. So to me clarity is when you take the “fuzzy stuff” in life and examine it through the lens of wisdom. ( If you are like me, there is no lack of “fuzzy stuff” in your life).It is only from this perspective that we can truly bring things into focus.
And we have to have a “lived” life to gain this wisdom, there are no shortcuts. Intelligence and enthusiasm are contributors but real wisdom comes from trying to make sense of it all and learning from it. So that is why I really appreciate quotes, I like to share in others’ moments of clarity. I don’t have time to learn every thing first hand and I am not too proud to learn from the insights of others.
Second hand wisdom works for me!

I really like to take a list of quotes and pick one that speaks to me and journal about it.It tends to awaken different insights depending on my perspective at the time.
It is always interesting the insight that comes from this.

So take care and don’t forget to cleanse those doors of perception.

Coming up What is your RLAI? Real life age index?

No comments:

Post a Comment