A sweet sojourn from the busyness of life.

This blog is a journal of forays into my loves of creative writing,
humor, and photography. It is a departure from daily stresses.
Some of life's greatest journeys are detours.

The real act of discovery is not in travelling to distant lands
but rather in seeing with new eyes. - Marcel Proust

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One Word

A wonderful aspect of today’s technology is opportunities for sharing;
At lightning speed we share fotos, news, highs lows-all the aspects of our lives.
A very special kind of sharing is blogging. Many blogs are like windows to a person’s soul. I have seen beautiful creative writings and sharing of all manners of creative endeavors. What a tremendous opportunity. We no longer have to wait to be”published “ to share our gifts. On one of my forays around the web I discovered Caroline’s
blog; “the Zen in you.” I would like to share a really neat suggestion that she has
It is called “One Word” You pick a word and focus on it and what it means to you.
Her suggestion was for a year. I must confess I was doubtful. Hmm what can you say about one word for a whole year? But I have been really having fun with this process.
I have chosen the word “Joy” and have maintained a Joy Calendar as well as writing in my journal.It has been wonderful to find a the joy in each day. It really changes your perspective to be open to the joy that you might miss if you weren’t looking.
I am glad I am looking….
Thanks Caroline.

http://thezeninyou.com/wordpress/


Next Blog A study in Joy

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea! I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like this idea and have chosen a very challenging word “Accept ". I have found this word is making me re-evaluate my life. I have gone through life wondering if I am acceptable to everyone and work hard to please them without regard to my own needs. Now I am retired and am changing my opinion of this word. I need to accept what is in front of me if I cannot change it. I need to accept that I am not going to be the person that everyone has to accept and like. I need to accept the fact that I am in control of my life and need to make the changes to steer it in the right direction. I am going to continue down the road of acceptance until I find the path that suits me and makes my life more than just acceptable.

    ReplyDelete