A sweet sojourn from the busyness of life.

This blog is a journal of forays into my loves of creative writing,
humor, and photography. It is a departure from daily stresses.
Some of life's greatest journeys are detours.

The real act of discovery is not in travelling to distant lands
but rather in seeing with new eyes. - Marcel Proust

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Study in Joy


I am continuing my study in Joy, keeping daily reflections of those treasured moments that make life worth living. I would like to share with you these sentiments that
describe what Joy means to me.

A Forever Friend
I am making a friend of Joy
I bask in the warmth of her goodness
I relish the sweet experience of her.
Nose-to-toes, body and soul
She is a wonderful gift
For us frail beings.

I am pulled along on her wandering path
drawn to her beckoning call.
Her journey is my daily denouement
I am awakened by the gentle whispers of her sweet soul.

I listen to her irresistible song.
Calling me to dance to her rhythms
twirling and swaying
losing myself to her charms.

So I silence the din
Turn away from the cacophony
Park my car
Joy is my patient friend
Always she waits.
She is there
Joy- my forever friend .

Cindy

Hope your life continues to be filled with joy. You may have to go and find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment