A sweet sojourn from the busyness of life.

This blog is a journal of forays into my loves of creative writing,
humor, and photography. It is a departure from daily stresses.
Some of life's greatest journeys are detours.

The real act of discovery is not in travelling to distant lands
but rather in seeing with new eyes. - Marcel Proust

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

12 Days of Mothers Day-the sequel.


Hi Ladies
Keeping this Mothers Day Spirit alive...I am promoting an idea that began last year...The 12 Days of Mother's Day. I think I keep will my marketing dream alive! We deserve it!
I should note that I changed "3 French men" to" 3 French friends" since no one believed me when I told them it was a metaphor and this is a "Family Blog!"
I am revisiting my blog of last year.....

Hope all the mom’s had a wonderful Mother’s Day, full of love and good wishes!
But now two days later as I am looking at the laundry and preparing to go out and mow the lawn I am asking myself…why does it have to end here?

I am promoting an idea whose time has come. I am sure it will catch on with most moms and our wonderful children will surely support this because they realize that they are forever in our debt for being the wonderful human beings that they are.

It is the 12 days of Mothers Day. Actually I am working up to 365 which is what it should be but a girls gotta start somewhere!

Think of the possibilities. I have been humming this tune since the official Mothers Day ended. Just fill in your own list but here are a few of my thought starters.

One the first day of Mothers Day my family gave to me
A massage and a margarita times 3.
Two dinners out
Three French Friends
Four gift cards
Five Diamond rings
Six cleaners cleaning
Seven maids-a-dusting
Eight shoppers shopping
Nine cooks-a-cooking
Ten Flowers growing
Eleven mowers mowing
Twelve Days in Bali

You get the idea plug in your own list…get ready for next year.. it’s not too late for this year.

Anyway Happy 12 Days of Mothers Day

1 comment:

  1. Cindy - I liked it a lot better when it was 3 French men....oooh la la!....from bobby herwig

    ReplyDelete